Our Academy exists to educate and support the children of our long-term volunteers. Come help ensure our students are getting the best and most unique education available!
Min. 12 Months
Min. 12 Months
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Educational Support Program will operate during the Equipping Phase onboard the Global Mercy and the refit project onboard the Africa Mercy. Educational Facilitators will be responsible for facilitating continued learning during these seasons of transition. This program provides effective supervision and academic support of children ages 3 to 18 years old, to ensure they remain on grade level, ready to transfer back the Mercy Ships Academy. It is not an accredited academic program, but will maintain the educational standards of the Mercy Ships Academy.
The Junior High Math and Science Educational Support Teacher develops and maintains an age-appropriate environment, instructs, and evaluates Junior High School (Grade 6 – 8) students in the various levels and content dealing with Mathematics and Science.
Teachers will also be responsible for bible instruction.
What You Will Contribute
• Provide instruction for the Junior High (Grade 6 – 8) Group as assigned in consultation with the Principal and Educational Support Program Coordinator
• Maintain a classroom atmosphere suitable for educational progress and spiritual development
• Demonstrate professional support for Academy administration and its policies and directives
• Maintain records of each students’ progress throughout the year with summative and formative assessment
• Implement the core Mercy Ships Academy Curriculum, in collaboration with Educational Support Program Coordinator
• Ability to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills
For This Role, You Will Need
• Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education from an accredited college or university
• Two years early-childhood experience is preferred
• Successful completion of the Child Safety Screening Process, which includes background / criminal records check
Full job description available upon request.
Mercy Ships Academy
Want to learn more about the Academy and life onboard? Visit the Academy website!