Our Academy exists to educate and support the children of our long-term volunteers. Come help ensure our students are getting the best and most unique education available!
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Grade 1 Class Teacher provides an engaging classroom within a multi-cultural and community-centered environment for learning and growing with children ages six to seven. As a flexible individual, the Grade 1 Class Teacher provides instruction through the lens of a Christian worldview to students on a vast array of subjects. In addition, as an autonomous teacher, there is room to plan adventurous outings with your students!
What You Will Contribute
• Create and deliver developmentally appropriate lesson plans for math, language arts, Bible, science, social studies, and life skills
• Contribute to school rhythms, such as: staff meetings, student progress meetings, parent meetings, and professional development reading groups
• Maintain records of each students’ progress throughout the year with summative and formative assessment
• Demonstrate a readiness to help when needed with projects and events in the school
• Exemplify professionalism in and ability to prioritize your assignments and duties
• Ability to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills
For This Role, You Will Need
• Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education from an accredited college or university
• Two years classroom teaching experience is preferred
• Current teaching certificate is required
• Completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding Program will be required
• Successful completion of the Child Safety Screening Process, which includes background / criminal records check
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required. Possess aptitude for learning new computer applications
Full job description available upon request.