Special Program Assistant
About this Role
The Academy Special Program Assistant provides an engaging summer program within a multi-cultural and community-centered environment for learning and growing with children ages three through twelve. As a flexible, energetic and creative individual, the Academy Special Program Assistant provides an opportunity for spiritual development, social interaction and fun!
What You Will Contribute
• Create and deliver a program for a structured day of activities and outings
• Ensure the safety of the children at all times
• Communicate with parents, informing them of the location and aims of outings and other meetings
• Demonstrate a readiness to help when needed with projects and events in the summer program
• Maintain regular and consistent communication with the Director and Assistant Director, teachers, parents, students, school board members, and direct reports
• Exemplify professionalism in and ability to prioritize your assignments and duties
• Ability to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of the Child Safety Screening Process, which includes background / criminal records check
Mercy Ships Academy
Want to learn more about the Academy and life onboard? Visit the Academy website!